Good afternoon all and I’m hoping everyone continues to be safe and well during these times. It has been sensational to have our players back training this week and thanks again to all those who have made it possible.
It is also inspiring to see our players and committee members already fundraising through two Quiz Nights, an online Pilates class and the current 60 for 60 Challenge. Thank you for your great work to date.
As mentioned last week, today we kick off something critically important to our footy club.
Welcome to the inaugural Future Footy Festival for OCGAFC. In order to get the club through the COVID 19 pandemic and to set us up for a strong future, we are launching the club’s biggest ever fundraising campaign.
As you all know, Old Camberwell has a proud playing history in the Victorian Amateur Football Association since the club was formed in 1960. In case you hadn’t clocked it, we are celebrating our Diamond Jubilee/60 years this year. While COVID 19 has meant our celebrations have been muted, we’re excited for the future.
Due to the pandemic however, the club has been unable to raise revenue through our usual initiatives including fundraising events, memberships, the canteen/bar, player subscriptions and new sponsors. We’re incredibly fortunate that some of our existing sponsors have continued to support the club.
We are now looking to engage our wider community to help us continue our pursuit of great fun, friendships and football success.
The Future Footy Festival is a celebration of everything that is the Old Camberwell Grammarians’ Amateur Football Club. We are asking all supporters, past players, coaches, committee members and anyone with a connection to support your club. Our community is important to so many and we need to maintain the necessary facilities, infrastructure and people to continue to provide the best resources possible.
In a nutshell;
How can you get onboard?
- Our goal is to raise $30,000 as this will help cover the costs of the VAFA affiliation fees, insurances, training resources including trainers and physios, coaches fees and our new website.
- We want to engage with past/present supporters and players who want to be part of the future of our great club and community. We also want to reconnect with those who may not have been part of the club recently and are keen to again enjoy the Wellers spirit.
- We aim to run the Future Footy Festival annually as this will transform Old Camberwell’s financial sustainability and move us away from year by year financial management.
- The fundraiser is both a much needed drive to raise money and a passionate membership push.
- You can support us by becoming a member and donating through the four categories below.
- Please give what you can in these categories - any and all contributions make a difference.
- Anyone who donates will be acknowledged and thanked in our weekly newsletter, several podcasts that will air in June and July and on our new website which will launch shortly.
- Should you wish, anyone donating can also register their business for publication in our upcoming Wellers Business Directorywhich will be hosted on our new website. The directory will be launched in July.
MEMBERSHIP DONATION CATEGORIES
1. “Cheers Cheers” - donations up to $100
2. “Come On The ‘Wells” - donations up to $250
3. “The Thunder “ - donations up to $750
4. “Onwards to Victory” - donations from $750 onwards
The finer points.
You can donate in two ways. Both are hopefully very simple.
1. Donate through the Australian Sports Foundation who we have partnered with to allow our supporters to make a tax deductible donation. Click on the link below and the click on the YELLOW DONATE icon.
2. Donate directly to OCGAFC using our bank details below.
Account Name: Old Camberwell Grammarians Amateur Football Club Inc
Account Number: 9882-44362
(Please note that a direct transfer will not receive tax deductible status)
Please include your name and mobile number when donating.
I will personally follow up every donation and hope we have as many people join us for the long term. If you are kind enough to join the Future Footy Festival, it would be amazing if you could spread the word and let others know about it and if they would join up.
Each week we’ll announce new initiatives, competitions and events alongside acknowledging those who have joined us already.
Naturally, we will thank those who support us with the upcoming 60 year club merchandise and we’ll be putting on a lunch to celebrate our Future Footy Festival Members and celebrate our Diamond Jubilee as soon as we’re able.
We have the most incredible and loyal supporters and hope you will get behind Old Camberwell Football Club and help shape the Wellers future.
Thank you in advance and speak soon.