Welcome to this week’s update. It’s quite incredible how quickly things can change these days and this week has been no exception!
After the VAFA’s decision to cancel season 2020, it is testament to our players, coaches and support staff that most were super keen and committed to continue to train hard, develop skills and critically stay engaged with the club and each other. As we all know, Covid-19 put all that to bed and who knows, as I write this it sounds like there is a fair chance we’ll be heading into stage four restrictions.
I will continue to write each week so I’ll say more on our coaching group at a later date. Needless to say, discussions have started around 2021 and while we’re all taking a break for a few weeks, already our head coaches are planning and preparing for the remainder of this year and next season. I want to acknowledge that we’re extremely fortunate to have such a passionate, knowledgeable and engaged group of coaches at OCGAFC. Please join me in thanking them for all their hard graft in what has been a very strange year for footy. They have made it enjoyable and engaging for our players and for the committee/club.
Women – Alex McKenzie (Head Coach), David Anjou, Stefan Anjou and Steve Bellinger
Under 19s – Matthew Beechey (Head Coach) and Nigel Garrard
Men – Anson Brownless (Head Coach), Tim Killworth, Gavin Powell, Jacob Gooden and Glynn
I’d also like to say a massive thank you again to Andrew Romanin, our Director of Football Operations. Without him, we would not have pulled together the vast array of procedures, protocols, sanitisers and organisational plan for this year. An incredible effort Roma.
As I mentioned last week, ‘better than ever’ in 2021 is now our absolute focus across all fronts of the club. Our coaches have recently submitted their plans for the coming weeks and months including mapping out pre-season. It is our hope we can bring together our community in some way in 2020 and we’ll do our best when we can.
2021 simply would not be able to happen without the Future Footy Festival member donations. No way. While this week was a quieter week, each new member has helped us secure our future and will enable us to properly and strategically plan well for the coming months and years.
Thank you to those below who joined up this week. It is massively appreciated. As with previous weeks, several members donated anonymously.
- David Provan ‘The Thunder’
- Andrew Gibbs ‘The Thunder’
- Sam Powell ‘Cheers Cheers’
- Anna Sallows ‘Cheers Cheers’
I look forward to speaking with many of you this week and again, if you think I might not have your contact details PLEASE send them to email@example.com or 0499 333 571.
As of today, we have raised just over $21,000 towards our $30,000 goal. We are closing in on our target and also our goal of having over 100 people join the Future Footy Festival and the club. To date we have 68 member donors. We’re close!
Again, to all our community, if you are in a position to join The Wellers, now is the time as we need your support and would love to connect with you for the future. If you think someone might not be aware of the Festival, feel free to forward this email.
As a recap, you can join the OCGAFC Future Footy Festival as a member in four ways below.
The Future Footy Festival is a celebration of everything that is the Old Camberwell Grammarians’ Amateur Football Club. We are asking all supporters, past players, coaches, committee members and anyone with a connection to support your club. Our community is important to so many and we need to maintain the necessary facilities, infrastructure and people to continue to provide the best resources possible.
In a nutshell;
How can you get onboard?
- Our goal is to raise $30,000 as this will help cover the costs of the VAFA affiliation fees, insurances, training resources including trainers and physios, coaches fees and our new website.
- We want to engage with past/present supporters and players who want to be part of the future of our great club and community. We also want to reconnect with those who may not have been part of the club recently and are keen to again enjoy the Wellers spirit.
- We aim to run the Future Footy Festival annually as this will transform Old Camberwell’s financial sustainability and move us away from year by year financial management.
- The fundraiser is both a much needed drive to raise money and a passionate membership push.
- You can support us by becoming a member and donating through the four categories below.
- Please give what you can in these categories - any and all contributions make a difference.
- Anyone who donates will be acknowledged and thanked in our weekly newsletter, several podcasts that will air in June and July and on our new website which will launch shortly.
- Should you wish, anyone donating can also register their business for publication in our upcoming Wellers Business Directory which will be hosted on our new website. The directory will be launched in July.
MEMBERSHIP DONATION CATEGORIES
1. “Cheers Cheers” - donations up to $100
2. “Come On The ‘Wells” - donations up to $250
3. “The Thunder “ - donations up to $750
4. “Onwards to Victory” - donations from $750 onwards
You can donate in two ways:
1. Donate through the Australian Sports Foundation who we have partnered with to allow our supporters to make a tax deductible donation. Click on the link below and the click on the YELLOW DONATE icon.
2. Donate directly to OCGAFC using our bank details below.
Account Name: Old Camberwell Grammarians Amateur Football Club Inc
Account Number: 9882-44362
(Please note that a direct transfer will not receive tax deductible status)
Please include your name and mobile number when donating.
I will personally follow up every donation and hope we have as many people join us for the long term. If you are kind enough to join the Future Footy Festival, it would be amazing if you could spread the word and let others know about it and if they would join up.
Each week we’ll announce new initiatives, competitions and events alongside acknowledging those who have joined us already.
Naturally, we will thank those who support us with the upcoming 60 year club merchandise and we’ll be putting on a lunch to celebrate our Future Footy Festival Members and celebrate our Diamond Jubilee as soon as we’re able.
We have the most incredible and loyal supporters and hope you will get behind Old Camberwell Football Club and help shape the Wellers future.
Thank you in advance and speak soon.