Welcome to the latest edition of our newsletter. It’s been just over a week since I last wrote and once again, how things can change these days. Stage 4 lockdown is upon us and the degree of uncertainly we all face has gone to another level. First and foremost, on behalf of the club, I hope everyone in our community is staying safe and doing what they can to stay healthy. We are doing what we can to stay connected with you and please send us any further suggestions on how we can improve.
I have again provided the VAFA Community Services Directory and would encourage everyone in our community to check in with former teammates, coaches, volunteers, supporters and friends during Stage 4.
Earlier this week our Football Operations Director Andrew Romanin convened a meeting with our Head Coaches Alex McKenzie, Anson Brownless and Matt Beechey. Player welfare was at the top of the agenda and our coaching groups will be contacting every player over the next few months to conduct a welfare check and ensure players know where they can access support if needed. Matt Beechey is working with the club to pull together a welfare program that will include conversations, videos and support networks. Alex and Anson have already started regular video interviews with players that are shared on the player Facebook pages and we are constantly asking ourselves how we can continue to support our players during these challenging times.
As I hope most of you will know by now, our Future Footy Festival has been running for a few months now. Given its success, we are going to continue to run it for August. All the funds raised go towards our running costs for 2020 and to improve the club across all areas under our ‘Better Than Ever’ Plan for 2021. The details of the Festival are detailed below and again, a heartfelt thanks to all those who have joined us so far.
The OCGAFC community stepped up again last week in their generosity for the Future Footy Festival.
Thank you to all our sensational new member donors. As with previous weeks, several members donated anonymously.
- Chris Bester ‘The Thunder’
- Graeme Ballard ‘The Thunder’
- Chris Town ‘Cheers Cheers’
- Alex Beveridge ‘Cheers Cheers’
- Matt Cottrell ‘The Thunder’
- Sean Crundell ‘Cheers Cheers’
- Andrew Romanin ‘Come On The Wells’
- Alisia Romanin ‘Cheers Cheers’
- Greg Tolson ‘Cheers Cheers’
- Matthew Powell ‘Cheers Cheers’
- Tom and Mat Vogel ‘Cheers Cheers’
I look forward to speaking with many of you this week and again, if you think I might not have your contact details PLEASE send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0499 333 571.
As of today we have raised just over $27,000 towards our $30,000 goal and I am hoping by continuing for August, we will reach our goal.
We continue to go well passed our 100 member goal and now have 136 member donors. Sensational.
Again, to all our community, if you are in a position to join The Wellers, now is the time as we need your support and would love to connect with you for the future. If you think someone might not be aware of the Festival, feel free to forward this email.
The Future Footy Festival is a celebration of everything that is the Old Camberwell Grammarians’ Amateur Football Club. We are asking all supporters, past players, coaches, committee members and anyone with a connection to support your club. Our community is important to so many and we need to maintain the necessary facilities, infrastructure and people to continue to provide the best resources possible.
In a nutshell;
How can you get onboard?
- Our goal is to raise $30,000 as this will help cover the costs of the VAFA affiliation fees, insurances, training resources including trainers and physios, coaches fees and our new website.
- We want to engage with past/present supporters and players who want to be part of the future of our great club and community. We also want to reconnect with those who may not have been part of the club recently and are keen to again enjoy the Wellers spirit.
- We aim to run the Future Footy Festival annually as this will transform Old Camberwell’s financial sustainability and move us away from year by year financial management.
- The fundraiser is both a much needed drive to raise money and a passionate membership push.
- You can support us by becoming a member and donating through the four categories below.
- Please give what you can in these categories - any and all contributions make a difference.
- Anyone who donates will be acknowledged and thanked in our weekly newsletter, several podcasts that will air in June and July and on our new website which will launch shortly.
- Should you wish, anyone donating can also register their business for publication in our upcoming Wellers Business Directory which will be hosted on our new website. The directory will be launched in July.
MEMBERSHIP DONATION CATEGORIES
1. “Cheers Cheers” - donations up to $100
2. “Come On The ‘Wells” - donations up to $250
3. “The Thunder “ - donations up to $750
4. “Onwards to Victory” - donations from $750 onwards
You can donate in two ways:
1. Donate through the Australian Sports Foundation who we have partnered with to allow our supporters to make a tax deductible donation. Click on the link below and the click on the YELLOW DONATE icon.
2. Donate directly to OCGAFC using our bank details below.
Account Name: Old Camberwell Grammarians Amateur Football Club Inc
Account Number: 9882-44362
(Please note that a direct transfer will not receive tax deductible status)
Please include your name and mobile number when donating.
I will personally follow up every donation and hope we have as many people join us for the long term. If you are kind enough to join the Future Footy Festival, it would be amazing if you could spread the word and let others know about it and if they would join up.
Each week we’ll announce new initiatives, competitions and events alongside acknowledging those who have joined us already.
Naturally, we will thank those who support us with the upcoming 60 year club merchandise and we’ll be putting on a lunch to celebrate our Future Footy Festival Members and celebrate our Diamond Jubilee as soon as we’re able.
We have the most incredible and loyal supporters and hope you will get behind Old Camberwell Football Club and help shape the Wellers future.
Thank you in advance and speak soon.