If playing is not for you, you might be interested in helping to assist on gamedays, at events or manage other off-field aspects of the club.
If you are interested in helping out, fill out the Volunteer Roster Signup. Alternatively, contact President, Adam Kyriacou (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0499 333 571) or Secretary, Katherine Bithavas (email@example.com / 0424 345 604) for off-field support or Andrew Romanin, Football Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0431720349) for football support.
Football support - assistance at games for ALL teams
In particular, for the 2021 season we URGENTLY need individuals for the following roles:
- Men's Reserves Team Manager
- Women's Reserves Team Manager (to be shared with someone)
- 19's Team Manager (to be shared with someone)
- Club Field Umpires (for home and away games across women's and men's teams. Note, requires some umpiring or football experience and the club is willing to pay people $50 per game.)
The time commitment for team manager roles is almost exclusively on Saturdays. Multiple people can split the role and alternate weeks. All other roles are simple and only need people to be there during game times. Each week we need to fill the following roles:
- Goal Umpire
- Boundary Umpire
- Timekeeper / Scoreboard (scoreboard is home games only)
- Water Carrier
Ideally, if people can commit every week it makes life easier, but other options are doing home games only, every second week, one a month...you get the idea.
Off-field support - support role to a specific function of the club
- Player Welfare – e.g. supporting our Player Welfare Program
- Events – e.g. assisting organisation or set up of club luncheons
- Food & Beverage/Canteen – e.g. ordering canteen supplies, catering Thursday night dinners
- Merchandise – e.g. ordering or distributing apparel
- Communications – e.g. managing social media platforms, gameday photography, generating media content/graphic design
- Club Operations – e.g. assisting with specific projects/tasks identified by the committee
- Sponsorship & Membership – e.g. identifying sponsorship opportunities